I’ve heard this so many times over the course of my career: “I use social media, so I don’t need a website. Right?” WRONG! The truth is, social media is great a a point, but there is one fatal flaw when it comes to your business. There are just too many distractions! Even if you post every day on all of your social networks, it doesn’t do you any good if potential clients or customers are distracted by someone’s cat or that new recipe in a jar.
But here’s the secret. Social media and your website can work hand in hand. We’ll come back to that in a moment. But for now, let’s talk about why you need a website in the first place. First and foremost, you are expected to have a website. Automatically, a potential customer/client’s first reaction is to ask, “Do you have a website?” If you have to answer “no”, chances are you’re losing business. Here are a few other reasons why you need a website.
- Your website is a place all your own, free from the distractions of social media.
- You have full control over what your visitors see and what actions they’re able to take.
- You have much more flexibility for creating leads and sales.
- A WordPress website allows you to create a blog straight from your main website. A blog is a great way to keep visitors informed on the latest happenings in your business. (Just like the one you’re reading)
- You can keep all of your info organized, which keeps potential clients from scrambling on Facebook to try to find your special offers, services etc.
Now, these are just a few of the top reasons you need a website. Now, let’s talk a little about how social media and your website can work together. Say you currently do all of your promotion and all of your prospecting exclusively through social media. You start up a pretty good conversation, too. Until they drop the question. “This all sounds great! What is your website link so I can learn more?” You’re stumped, and the connection fizzles away. If you have a website, you can confidently reply with your link and you have a much better chance of closing a deal or selling your product(s).
Long story short, you need a website to make it in today’s modern world.
Thank you for reading!
If you’re ready to get started on your own website, click here to check out our professional design services.