“Should I design my own website?” This is a question asked by many an entrepreneur. You may be thinking that because there are so many tools out there to design a website yourself for free, that you should do the same for your own business. But depending on your own situation of client work, family life, social life and all the rest, you may need to ask yourself another question. Do I really have time for this? In this post, I will talk a bit about the pros and cons of both options and hopefully give you some insight as to what is best for you.
So, should I design my website on my own?
Here’s when you may want to consider designing your own website.
- Very low income from your business
- Still a start-up with plenty of time
- You need to be up-close and personal with all aspects of the design
- You’re willing to bite the learning curve and accept some issues that will later have to be fixed. (Don’t worry, even the pros run into problems. It’s just a fact of life. 🙂 )
But if THIS sounds like you, hire a professional.
- You’re making plenty of money that you’re willing to invest in improving your business.
- You know you need a website, but you have no time to do it yourself.
- You really don’t want to have to deal with the technical details of designing your own site.
- You want someone to be there in case something goes wrong, that way you can go on with your life and business.
I hope this post has helped you out to take a look at your situation and determine what works best for your business.
Did you determine that you need to hire someone? Check out this package.
Hi there! My name is Joshua. I’m a driven WordPress web designer with a passion for helping entrepreneurs make boldimpressions on the webJoshua Mancil